TMC603 Evaluation Board
The TMC603-EVAL makes it possible to evaluate all features of the TMC603 three phase motor driver including BLDC back EMF commutation hallFX™. A PC software running under Windows enables to modify the configuration for every three phase BLDC motor.
For the evaluation with hallFX feature choose firmware version V1.47.
For evaluation with encoder and hall sensors choose firmware version V2.05 (Field Oriented Control).
To operate the board, only a BLDC motor, a PC, and a power supply are required!
- 3-phase BLDC motor
- Sine or block commutation
- Rotor position feedback: sensorless, encoder or hall sensor
- Up to 18.8A (IRMS) nominal motor current
- 12V to 48V operating voltage
- Integrated current measurement using power MOS transistor RDSon
- hallFX™ sensorless back EMF commutation emulates hall sensors
- Integrated Break-before-Make logic: No special microcontroller PWM hardware required
- EMV optimized current controlled gate drivers
- Overcurrent / Short to GND and undervoltage protection and diagnostics integrated
- Internal QGD protection: Supports latest generation of Power MOSFETs
- Integrated supply concept: Step down switching regulator
- Common rail charge pump allows for 100% PWM duty cycle
- Firmware update via USB and RS232 interface
- Communication to the PC via USB and RS232 interface
- Inputs for encoder (ABN) or 3 digital hall sensors
- delivery without motor!
- pluggable screw connectors for power, motor and sensors
- RoHS compliant
- size: x [mm]
MSRP* (manufacturer's suggested retail price)
- EUR 246.-
* best price: exworks Europe, payment 14 days net
Documents and firmware related to hardware version V2.1
Firmware versions from 2.00 on support Field Oriented Control (FOC). For hallFX use firmware version V1.47.
- TMC603-EVAL Manual Firm. 1.47(.pdf)
- TMC603-EVAL V2.1 Firm. 1.47 (.hex)
- TMC603-EVAL V2.1 Firm. 1.47 Sample (.zip)
- TMC603-EVAL V2.1 Firm. 2.02 (.hex)
- TMC603-EVAL V2.1 Firm. 2.02 Sample (.zip)
- TMC603-EVAL V2.1 Boot Loader V1.12 (.bin)
- TMCM-BLDC Adjusting tool (.zip)
- TMCM-BLDC Manual (.pdf)